CAPA Tuition for Fall/Winter/Spring school year classes (36 weeks total)
CAPA tuition is calculated on an hourly schedule based on how many class hours per week your family is registered for. Hourly class rates go down the more classes you take. Tuition starts at from about $15 per class hour for up to 5 class hours per week and then decreases in cost per hour. See the bottom of this page for a detailed schedule of monthly fees by total class hours.
* FAMILY DISCOUNT: If more than one student is enrolled in a family, the total hours danced per week are used to compute your tuition fees, resulting in a family discount since the hourly rates decrease as more hours are danced.
CAPA tuition is now paid online via credit card (Mastercard, Visa and Discover). You will not pay immediately upon registration. By registering for fall classes, you agree to allow CAPA to charge your credit card in ten equal monthly installments, starting on or about August 25th and ending on or about May 25th, which covers 36 weeks of classes over the course of the school year (regardless of how many class weeks are in a given month…it all averages out).
Once your class registration has been reviewed and approved by CAPA management, your credit card will be charged tuition for the first month plus a $20 June Show costume deposit per class, taking into account a volume discount if you are registered for more than 6 class hours per week, and we will automatically charge your tuition to your card on a monthly basis during the school year.
Should you wish to drop classes during the year, you simply need to give us 30 days notice in writing. Costume deposits can only be refunded for classes dropped prior to December 31st.
Registration will be accepted as long as there are openings in your desired classes. We do not offer discounts or pro-rated tuition for late registration, although a student can take make-up classes within a month of the missed classes. Make-ups can be taken at their current technique level, one level up or one level down. Make-ups are not available for missed ensemble, ballet company or production classes.
If a student is not registered but comes to class as a drop in, the student must give the teacher a check for the cost of that class ($15 per class hour), made out to CAPA, to take class, assuming the class is not full.
* NO REFUNDS are allowed for missed, excused or dropped classes.
* A $20 fee will be charged for returned checks.
* Additions to your registration can be made online via our customer portal on our homepage, however you must email us to request dropping a class.
* CAPA does allow make-ups for missed classes. Make-ups must be taken within one month of the missed class or classes. There are no make-up classes or credits for ensemble, production or ballet company classes.
* Classes in which a student is currently enrolled may not be used for make-ups.
* Missed/dropped classes may not be used for tuition credit.
* If a student takes a technique class as a make-up, she/he needs to tell the teacher that it is a make-up, and the student will be noted in the make-up records.
CAPA Monthly Tuition Schedule, Fall/Winter/Spring 2015-2016